Whether you mountain bike, road bike or just like to pedal around on vacation, you'll find a healthy bike culture here.
Steamboat Springs is fast becoming known as Bike Town USA.
• More miles of singletrack mountain biking than anywhere else in North America (576)
• More miles of county roads to ride than elsewhere in Colorado
• Steamboat Springs is as a Silver Bicycle Friendly Community rated by the League of American Bicyclists
• The summer calendar is dominated by a plethora of cycling related events
• Safe Routes are being developed throughout the community
Bring your bike and park your car while you are here – you will soon see why it is such a great place to visit on two wheels.
Steamboat is actually a complete mountain range: Mount Werner, Sunshine Peak, Storm Peak, Thunderhead Peak and Christie Peak. Summer opens up over 30 miles of great biking and hiking trails and provides access to the high country trails once the snow melts.
The gondola runs from mid-June to mid-September providing easy access to trails and nature walks on the mountain. The view from the top is spectacular and worth the visit. The gondola also provides access to mountain bikers seeeking a gravity-fed experience which makes many of the bike trails more accessible to those less used to the thinner mountain air.