What makes Moving Mountains the #1 Choice for a luxury property?
Moving Mountains is a specialist in luxury homes. We are a small experienced group of professionals that have built our business since 1998 by paying attention to the details and to attending to the individual needs of our owners and guests. We did not buy our way into this market – we earned it the hard way.
Our reputation for guest satisfaction is evidenced by our status as a Top Manager by Trip Advisor and FlipKey (#1 online travel review site). Our current review profile [CLICK HERE] significantly surpasses our competition in our local and regional markets.
What are some differences in the approach that Moving Mountains takes to property management?
We are a real company run by real people!
It may sound strange to say this but in an industry that utilizes technology to an ever increasing level it’s still a people business. Vacations matter to us and while we use the very latest technology wherever we can, there is no substitute for a team of passionate professionals that will ensure every detail is attended to.
Our Properties are Homes!
Your home or residence is not a UNIT! To us it is a home, which is the essence of the experience our guests are seeking when planning a luxury vacation. Finding a guest a “unit”, or “putting a guest in a unit” is just not what we do! It may sound like a small thing but it matters to us, and we believe that it matters to you.
Sales and Marketing:
- Our website www.MovingMountains.com showcases all properties individually with high quality HDR imagery and that convey the quality of our lodging and highlights the experience and WOW factor that we can deliver through our homes and services.
- Our website is built on the latest integrated technology platform offering a responsive design that is optimized for desktop and mobile uses.
- We showcase our luxury homes with immersive 3D tours using cutting-edge Matterport technology to provide guests with walk-through experiences before arrival.
- Our websites provide a custom online booking platform that distributes real-time pricing and availability to our National and International partners by global distribution systems and also allows guests to book online day or night from anywhere in the world.
- Our properties are all marketed on multiple listing sites guaranteeing maximum worldwide exposure.
- Our long established reputation, reviews and fully embedded position in the internet enables us to capture over 85% of our bookings directly saving you valuable commissions and increasing your rental return.
- Our reservations team members are all highly trained specialists who focus on providing the very best solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
- They know how to sell luxury and are not bogged down with large-scale commoditized lodging inventory and discounting battles with rival property managers and faceless booking platforms.
- Our exceptional repeat guest numbers are testament to our high levels of guest satisfaction and enviable Net Promoter Scores.
- Owner referrals are compensated at 15% of the nightly rental rate, rewarding owners who become part of the sales force by recommending their friends, families and associates to book with us.
Unrivalled Guest Services:
- Our Guest Services Team is second to none in helping our guests plan their ultimate vacation experience prior to arrival. This allows our guests to be on vacation when they are here and to know that they are in the hands of our valued and trusted partners for activities and additional services.
- We are a one-stop-shop for everything that accompanies a guest stay. From discounted lift tickets, ski school and rental equipment to grocery stocking, private chef dinners, in-home massage therapy and activities like snowmobiling and dog sledding; we can do it all for our guests, saving time and creating value through the memorable experiences that result.
- We have developed a proprietary online booking platform to assist guests with planning and organizing their group once they have confirmed lodging with us. This eliminates guess-work and allows guests to plan everything that they would like to do.
- Our office and check-in location is conveniently located at the base of the ski mountain with easy access to all our homes.
- All services and benefits provided by this experienced team are offered to our property owners and their guests enabling you enjoy the Moving Mountains experience as well.
- Our goal is to drive meaningful revenue from every guest stay, so we do not discount aggressively to get bookings “at any price”. Our website homepage does not even mention the word “discount” – instead we focus on memorable experiences and quality of stay.
Attention to Detail:
- Property Management for Moving Mountains about the year-round care and maintenance of your prized vacation home and real estate investment.
- We spend a significant amount of time pre-checking that all systems in the complex homes that we manage so that guest stays are not affected by hiccups with internet, TV systems or other complex systems. Our goal is for the guest to enjoy a 100% hassle-free vacation.
- The care and maintenance of your home is handled by a team of experienced professionals and we are able to respond 24/7 to meet guest needs. Our off-season maintenance reviews keeps your home in the very best condition and ready for the next rental opportunity or owner stay.
- We visit and check every unoccupied home twice per week to provide a comprehensive umbrella of security.
- Our Housekeeping Team is second to none regularly achieving higher than 95% scores on our guest surveys.
Fresh Clean Hot Tubs Every Time
- We are unique in that we change the water in our hot-tubs for every guest stay. This eliminates any liability risk to the owners and provides the ultimate level of cleanliness and personal safety.
Personal Property Tour at Check-in:
- On arrival we personally check every guest into every home and explain in detail how all systems work and how to get the most from the home that they rented. This eliminates late night calls to our help-line and creates a high level of satisfaction.
- At the same time we are also able to evaluate the whole group staying in the home and ensure that the home is properly respected.
The Right Set-up:
- We do it right. Our homes are properly set up for guests with consumable items that we consider essential to a quality stay – organic toiletries, laundry detergent and drying sheets, trash bags, paper towel, plastic wrap, foil, sandwich bags.
- For our luxury vacation rental homes we provide high thread-count sheets, plush towels and robes - everything that is needed beyond the basic bedding.
Safest Shuttles on the Mountain:
- Our on-call shuttles are all 4WD – the only ones in Steamboat – providing ultimate safety and reliability just a phone call away.
- There are no owner fees for shuttle service to be provided to your home. This is funded by the fees we collect from our rental guests. Owners and their guests can use the shuttle for free during their stays in the winter.
Catered Chalet Experience
- We pioneered Catered Chalet packages using our experienced in-house staff and vehicles to provide the superlative guest experience.
- This package has been nationally recognized in SKI Magazine, Denver Post, Sunset Magazine, Forbes, etc. This allows us to elevate the performance of our properties significantly above any competing adjacent homes.
Competitive Value Oriented Service
- Our Rental Management Program is broken into two parts because we see that the tasks of Rental Management and Property Management are separate and distinct. Our Owners have expressed their interest in knowing what services are provided and what these services cost.
- Bundling the services under one simple percentage commission rate is not our style when many expenses are flat-rate costs regardless of season.
Industry Leading Rental Yield
- After many years of experience and live feedback from Owners who work with us today we know that we have consistently outperformed rival management companies who are not focused on luxury because we know the value of what we are offering when we book a luxury home.
- With the support of the Property Owners we represent we are willing to say “no” when the rate offered does not represent the right yield and to negotiate further with that client to help them understand the value proposition we are making.
Owner Online Portal & Dashboard
- Owners have an individual log in to our online account management system to view their home account dashboard which displays current confirmed reservations, owner stays and guest of owner stays.
- Owners can make reservations for personal use 24/7 from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Monthly account statements can be easily accessed.
Customized Inspection System
- Utilizing the latest cloud based inspection technology we build a series of custom inspection profiles individual for your home, its systems and amenities.
- Our scheduled inspections consistently check hundreds of inspection points to maintain an impeccable standard for your home.
- Year-round we perform the following: when unoccupied – twice weekly property and security checks; before every guest arrives - a detailed pre-arrival inspection; on arrival - a detailed walk-through with guests; at check-out - a security and post departure inspection.
Other Owner Benefits
- Exclusive to Moving Mountains we offer you a complimentary membership to Third Home worldwide vacation home exchange program and first year upgrade to Presidents Club valued at $3000. This is yet another way for you to leverage the advantages of vacation home ownership.
- VIP Ski Rental Rates through our partners at Christy Sports / Door 2 Door
- Discounted lift tickets and access to all of our extensive guest services
- Discounted catering services by our in-house team of staff
- Free in-resort shuttle services (winter)
- Comprehensive resources to assist in setting up a property for rental including hotel industry contracts, home supplies, design relationships and our unique insight from many years of experience in the luxury hospitality industry.
When you work with Moving Mountains you work with our whole community. We care about where we live and value the partnerships and trusting relationships we have formed over the years with Owners, Guests, Vendors, Contractors and partners in Steamboat Springs.
We give back every year to our community through :
- Paid Volunteerism – every employee has paid volunteer time to help a cause of their choice
- Unpaid Time - Moving Mountains employees and company owners volunteer with several non-profit organizations when not working
- Donations – lodging and services are frequently donated in cooperation with community minded home owners
- Sponsorship – Moving Mountains contributes to events and causes that make our community better, not just to promote our business
- Environmental Stewardship – all of our homes have trash recycling, and our office operations are geared towards minimal paper use and recycling wherever possible